The Covid situation is improving day by day and several relaxation steps have already come into effect in Austria. For example, events of several hundred people are already allowed again. Therefore, we are very optimistic that we will be able to physically host the SilviLaser conference at the end of September. We would therefore be very pleased to welcome you here in Vienna. Furthermore, there will be a big benchmark where different companies as well as research institutions will demonstrate their equipment. There will be the opportunity to test the latest sensors directly in the forest and to discuss details with the manufacturers.
Apart from that, the conference lives from your contributions. We have already received many contributions, but would also be pleased to receive practical examples from e.g. NFIs. We are planning a dedicated session to discuss the operational use of different LiDAR systems in forest inventories together with users, researchers and sensor manufacturers. If you are still undecided whether to submit an abstract or not, I encourage you to do so. If the extended abstract is too much work for you, you can of course also submit a classic short abstract.
- Prof. Juha Hyyppä: Recent developments with mobile laser scanning for forestry applications
- Prof. Håkan Olsson: Nationwide ALS-forest products supported by NFIs, current status and future trends
- Dr. Gottfried Mandlburger: The benefits of different LiDAR systems – Full waveform vs. single-photon LiDAR
- Prof. Guo Qinghua: Developing multiple platform LiDAR systems for scaling forest parameters from plot levels to global levels
- Dr. Amy Neuenschwander: IceSat-2 for forestry applications
(Chair of the Organizing Committee)